Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Cute Button Bowl MY ASS!

Ok so I did the button bowl off Pinterest http://pinterest.com/pin/148126275214562425/  Now this looks like a piece of cake right? WRONG ....Trial and error while complete kid pandemonium is going on in the back round! Thing you need for this project:
1.) Mod Podge (I'm using the homemade one I did earlier today)
2.) Dry Eraser or sponge (I got the imitation dry eraser from dollar tree and cut it in half )
3.) Latex Balloon
4.) something to rest balloon on or in during the button process
5.) Elmers glue or Tacky glue


Okay so I blew up my balloon (which started the instant tantrum from my son that wanted the balloon) ..ok Balloon is Full and Rydens screaming!! Next I took a Small box and placed my balloon up right (fat non twist on top) and started putting glue on each button and sticking it to my balloon.....DON'T DO THIS! Buttons and glue within 2 minutes are running down my balloon....so I took the glue on a cloth and smeared it thinly in sections on the balloon...THAT WORKS!! Ok now be careful while doing this that all sides are equal in weight as I had the balloon and buttons toppling over...Ya live and learn...But My learning consisted of Cursing yelling at a balloon and buttons and regretting ever doing this craft!!!! what the hell am I going to use this for?? My car keys?....a Target for shooting practice???...a Dog toy?? really what? Anyways once you have the bowl to the desired size let it dry for about an hr...Then come back with the sponge and mod podge and coat evenly...check for air bubbles and holes surrounding buttons. Mines still wet from this morning so hopefully will be good by tomorrow and I will update this post then.

 Indy Butts decided to get in on this one!
 This is when I started gluing individually....DON'T DO THIS!!!
This is where I got cocky and was thinking this is easy no big whoop!
 This is where the Mother F#$%^& ..son of a BI$%^ began as the button were sliding down the balloon
 okay after I used a cloth to apply the glue thinly and let set for 2-3 minutes I started getting the hang of it! I was all about lets get these bitches on in no particular order because I'm over this!
 Applying homemade "Mod Podge"
 Drying


So I wake up super eager to see if my homemade mod podge button bowl has dried and this is what 
I find!!!!!!


WHAT THE F&CK!!!!!!! What the hell happened last night while I was sleeping!!??! Did the Craft police show up and decide this bowl wasn't up to there standards of ugly button bowls? ...Or was this bowl so upset because it was so horrible it committed suicide? Eulogy at my house 7 sharp! wear buttons bahaa

15 comments:

  1. This is the funniest post ever! Mostly because I have been in this same predicament before! Lol! I bet you it will be beautiful tomorrow!

    Look forward to reading future posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. good to know I'm not a lone soldier! Thanks for checking it out!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the picture and caption of the buttons slipping LOL... could you find any uglier buttons!! Hahahaah will it melt? Maybe you can pawn it off on a smoker as an ash tray :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol Kristen! I was totally thinking of the ash tray I made my dad in kindergarten when making this!!! Btw this is your christmas prestent! bahaa

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found your blog link from Her Collection on Facebook. I loved reading your post, I needed that good laugh this morning. I like that you write just like it is, no sugar coating it. I am going to keep an eye on your future projects.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!!! I;m trying to be true to character on here and try not to offend anyone with my sailor like personality while adding some humor to crafting with a family

      Delete
  6. Your so hilarious and such a brave soul to take this task on!! You ROCK! Best wishes and I look forward to 364 more FUN posts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nikki!!! I'm so stoked to be doing this! and appreciate your comment!

      Delete
  7. Ah... the poor bowl... i blame it on a faulty balloon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol Blame it on anything but me! lol I think the homemade modge podge was a flop ...on to bigger and better things!

      Delete
  8. Hahahaha O NO! Not the outcome i was expecting THAT SUX! I wonder if the "mod podge" somehow ate through the balloon a little? May you rest in peace ugly button bowl :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure what happend...I truly think it was suicide

      Delete
  9. I can barely breathe I'm laughing so hard!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this, lol. This is like every Pinterest craft I try on my own. Thanks for the smile. I'm linking this on my site, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome I'm glad you enjoyed it!! I need to find some time to do more, life's just crazy with 2 little ones! What's your site?? I'd love to check it out!

      Delete